JOB TITLE: Sales Rep
PAY: $10.00 – $13.00 per/hour depending on experience
SEASONAL POSITION: April – October, 2019
Come and join a dynamic team of professionals who help raise money for Alaska’s Parks and Refuges. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work and explore one of the last great wild places while also working in a fun, positive environment.
You’ll be a part of a fast paced, innovative retail team in beautiful King Salmon, Alaska, April through October. King Salmon is a remote Alaskan village, one of three that make up the Bristol Bay Borough. Boasting the largest run of sockeye salmon in the world, the population between King Salmon and the neighboring village of Naknek booms from a winter population of around 800 to over 10,000 in the summer. King Salmon is situated off the road system and is only accessible by plane. Housing is included for out-of-town employees.
This position won’t be vacant long, so apply today! Contact: Tara Shea at email@example.com
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: The Sales Rep is responsible for the daily operations at one of the thirty+ Alaska Geographic (AK Geo) retail stores. Duties include; providing exceptional customer service to guests, working with the sales team to meet or exceed daily/weekly sales goals, proactively stock store shelves, use POS system, practice responsible/approved cash handling techniques, reconcile cash drawers daily, prepare products for sale, and be a positive representative of Alaska Geographic and its Partners. The Sales Rep works closely with King Salmon Interagency Visitor Center staff and reports to the Alaska Geographic Regional Operations Manager.
- Work with sales team to achieve or surpass branch daily/weekly sales goal.
- Provide exceptional customer service both internally (other AK Geo staff) and externally (Partners and customers).
- Maintain a positive working relationship with key Alaska Geographic Partners (at our King Salmon location: the Alaska Peninsula & Becharof National Wildlife Refuges, Bristol Bay Borough, Katmai National Park, and Lake and Peninsula Borough). Partners are considered our customers and should be treated with the utmost professionalism.
- Support Alaska Geographic Membership/Donation goals by promoting program benefits to customers and answering questions and working with Alaska Geographic Membership/Donation staff as appropriate.
- Help monitor product levels on the sales floor, including: work closely with Regional Operations Manager to ensure product stay stocked within acceptable levels, inventory received/transferred paperwork is done and turned in, and clearanced products are labeled and in a clearance section.
- Follow cash handling and processing procedures including bank deposits and providing end of month daily income journals to accounting.
- Help with end of season product inventory counting.
- Alaska Geographic employees must follow HR policies, guidelines, and procedures as stated in the Employee Manual and Retail Training Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ABILITIES, OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Proactively problem solve quickly and implement solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbal/written.
- POS system experience preferred.
- Independently travel to all facilities under the Sales Rep’s branch.
Valid driver’s license and independent mode of transportation might be required depending on location needs.
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 15 pounds to a shelf height of 5 feet.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
For more information about Alaska Geographic, visit our website at alaskageographic.org.